Susterra® Propanediol: High Performance Glycol for Solar Thermal Systems
There are many brands of fluids based on propylene glycol. Susterra® propanediol offers solar thermal systems improved performance than other glycols on the market. Switch to a Susterra® propanediol solar thermal fluid and take advantage of the bio based glycol that will decrease fluid degradation and system corrosion and improve the efficiency of your solar thermal installations.
Susterra® propanediol, is used for a range of heat transfer fluids. Susterra® is certified, 100 percent biobased by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, making it attractive for companies seeking to add renewable content to their products. Susterra® propanediol is a petroleum-free PG and EG alternative.
High Performance Glycol:
- Higher boiling point vs. PG.
- Less thermal degradation compared to PG.
- Delivers excellent freeze point depression for aqueous solution applications.
- Demonstrates improved viscosity at lower temperatures compared to PG.
- Contributes to LEED points.
- Susterra® is a 100% USDA bio-based material, renewably and sustainably sourced.
- Susterra® provides low toxicity, safety, and is readily biodegradable.
- Petroleum free - PG Alternative
- Susterra® consumes 40% less energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions by more than 40% vs. petroleum-based 1,3-propanediol and propylene glycol. LCA