- About Us
- news and events
- distributors network
- contact us
Zemea® Propanediol is the Sustainable and Petroleum-free Glycol Choice for Laundry and Cleaning Products
Zemea® propanediol is a colorless and highly pure glycol derived from a sustainable and renewable corn sugar fermentation process. Zemea® propanediol is the perfect glycol solution for formulations where non-petroleum based ingredients are desired. Benefits of Zemea® propanediol include its purity, lack of irritation and sensitization, and environmentally sustainable nature. It has been independently evaluated by NSF International and is now listed in the CleanGredients® database as passing the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Design for the Environment (DfE) screen. Click here to read more about this.
Zemea® propanediol can be used in laundry and cleaning formulations to replace glycols such as propylene glycol (1,2-propanediol) and glycerin. Depending on your formulation needs, Zemea® propanediol can function as an enzyme stabilizer or as an eco-friendly solvent.
Zemea® propanediol has been incorporated successfully into liquid laundry detergents, liquid hand and automatic dish detergents, carpet and rug cleaners, hard surface cleaners, and glass cleaner formulations. Liquid detergent formulations exhibit excellent cloud point, very good stability, improved foaming, enhanced rheology effects, require less salt to adjust viscosity, and demonstrate soil and stain removal performance similar to propylene glycol formulations. Carpet and rug cleaning formulations have very good stability and soil and stain removal performance similar to propylene glycol formulations.
- 100% natural - Approved by the Natural Products Association (NPA)
- Approved solvent under the the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Design for the Environment (DfE) program
- Environmentally Sustainable Process (based on LCA)
- Readily Biodegradable
- Low Vapor Pressure - VOC Solvent (LVP-VOC)
- High purity
- Enhanced Clarity
- Improved Viscosity-Building
- Excellent Cloud Point
- Increased Foaming, if Desired
- High Freeze/Thaw, Heat Stability
- Antibacterial & Antifungal Properties
- Lack of Irritation and Sensitization
- 100% Renewably-sourced Ingredient from Corn Sugar
Zemea® Registration and Certifications:
- Natural Products Association (NPA) - September 2010
- DfE - EPA's Design for the Environment - November 2009
- EPA Inert Ingredient in Nonfood Use Pesticide Products
- EINECS Number: 207-997-3
- CAS Number: 504-63-2
- REACH - Registration Number: 01-2119489383-28-0000
The DuPont Oval Logo, DuPont™, The miracles of science™, and Bio-PDO™ are registered trademarks or trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates. Zemea® is a registered trademark of DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio Products LLC. CleanGredients® is a registered trademark of GreenBlue. GreenBlue® is a registered trademark of GreenBlue.