Susterra® Propanediol offers heat transfer fluid users a high performing, propylene glycol alternative, which can improve energy efficiency and reduce HVAC maintenance costs.
Susterra® Propanediol Performance Highlights:
- Excellent freeze point depression for aqueous solution applications
- 100% USDA bio-based material, renewably and sustainably sourced
- Provides low toxicity, safety, and is readily biodegradable
- Offers exceptional degradation properties compared to propylene glycol
- Demonstrates improved viscosity at lower temperatures compared to propylene glycol
- Contributes to LEED points
- Approved for incidental food contact under the NSF International HTX-1 specification
Heat Transfer Fluid Applications:
- Single fluid process heating and cooling
- Closed-loop, water-based HVAC applications
- Solar thermal systems
- Geothermal systems
- Snow melt systems
- Ice rinks
- Food & Beverage Processing
To find a list of our Heat Transfer Fluid Suppliers please Click Here.
Susterra®-based Heat Transfer Fluid Forms Lower Glycolate Levels at High Temperatures
The results showed that the PDO-containing heat transfer fluid was most stable to thermal degradation when compared to EG or PG-containing fluids and generated lower levels of organic acids, and related thermal degradation products.